As some of you may know, I went to the EFY (Especially For Youth) program in Buena Vista, Virginia at Southern Virginia University two weeks ago for a week and I had an amazing time. EFY is a program for LDS youth ages 14-18 to come together for a week to learn and grow in the gospel of Jesus Christ and to be around people who have the same standards as you. I met so many amazing people while I was there one being my counselor, Elise.
Elise is a student at Brigham Youth University and an amazing example of righteousness. She always gave great lessons and devotionals and took the time to get to know each of us.
I also met a group of about 25 other youth who where in my company. They were an awesome group of people.
I can honestly say that I love each of them so much. I grew so close to these people in a way that I never thought possible. I cannot tell you every detail like what their favorite food or color is, but we have such a strong friendship through the gospel. We all formed such a strong bond with each other and it was so hard of leave on Saturday, but just as promised we are all friends on facebook and chat with each other often. :)
While I was there, my testimony also grew immensely. My love for the Savior and my relationship with him was greatly increased. I now have a stronger testimony of my Heavenly Father's love for me and the knowledge that he is always there for me, no matter what, if I just reach out to him.
EFY was an amazing experience for me that I will never forget. I have come back with a stronger testimony and a even stronger desire to share my testimony and this wonderful gospel with others. I can't wait to go back to school to where I have the opportunity everyday to share this amazing gospel with my friends. I love this gospel so much and I am so grateful to have been blessed to have it in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment